October is the time of year when landscaping becomes both challenging and fun. The weather starts to change and you’ll need to get your plants, lawn and irrigation systems ready for the colder months ahead. Not only will you want to make sure your yard is prepared for when it gets chilly, it’s the perfect opportunity to decorate your yard for Halloween!
Here are a few tips for landscaping this October.
- Don’t put those lawn mowers away just yet. If your grass is still growing, even at a much slower pace than usual, it should still be mowed.
- You can either mulch your fallen leaves to add to your compost or rake them up to avoid any mowing issues.
- Remove any old plants and shrubbery that may have fallen onto your lawn.
- Do a final weeding and overseed to fill out your lawn before winter.
- If your flower beds have fallen into a state of disrepair, transform it into a mini graveyard for Halloween.
- Bring in any potted plants that won’t be able to survive those colder months outdoors.
- Decorate with Halloween-themed string lights and bulbs to help illuminate the way for Trick or Treaters.
Start Your Landscaping Project with Best of Texas Landscapes
We serve the greater North Austin area including: Leander, Liberty Hill, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Marble Falls, Burnet, and Bertram