Made for Rest and Relaxation
Georgetown, Texas is nestled in the Texas Hill Country alongside the San Gabriel River and Lake Georgetown. It also happens to be one of Austin’s fastest-growing suburbs.
Even with all the amenities of living in the city nearby, there are plenty of places to slow down and enjoy the scenery. You can stroll the grounds of the Town Square Historic District or Southwestern University—Texas’ oldest university. Take a dip in the Blue Hole or explore the 27-mile Good Water Trail around Lake Georgetown.
Creeks and streams are common, stemming from the north and south forks of the San Gabriel River. Combined with the temperate climate of central Texas, homeowners enjoy lush landscapes almost year-round.
It’s no wonder outdoor living spaces made for comfort and relaxation are trending commodities in the area.
What does an outdoor living space made for R&R look like?
If you’re designing a front or backyard to relax in, you probably don’t want to be constantly reminded of all the weed-eating that hasn’t been done, or watering that one patch of grass that just won’t take.
- Tell your landscape designer you need something that’s easy to maintain. This doesn’t mean you’ll have to skimp on looks. Try incorporating indigenous plants, hardscapes and other outdoor elements like water features.
- Choose a sprinkler system that makes it easy to set it and forget it! Modern systems (like our Rain Bird and Hunter products) can give you full control of water usage so you can water more in sunny areas and less in shaded ones.
Make sure your outdoor space can be enjoyed no matter the weather! Aside from the random storm and the rare freeze warning, this will ensure you can enjoy your investment nearly every day.
- Build a shade to create cover from the sun and rain. You probably don’t want to sit in the rain, but wouldn’t it be nice to enjoy a cool spring shower, rocking under the protection of a canopy or awning.
- Stay cozy by the fire. While a shade will protect you from the harsh summer sun, including a firepit or outdoor fireplace will help you stay comfortable outside through our coldest months.
- Permanent ground cover could be in the form of a patio or porch, using cement, rock or wood. This is the best area to consider when planning your outdoor seating needs and furniture options.
- More transient surfaces like large stones, pavers and pebbles or gravel can be used for paths and walkways to combine complementing elements and add more appeal to your overall design.
The perfect combination of outdoor lighting, accent and/or security lights can help create the ideal ambiance you’ll need to go from blah to bliss.
- To truly make your outdoor space an extension of your home, shed some light on the subject! Enjoy more engaging conversation, and light to read or play games by.
- Create eye-catching focal points with security and accent lighting to feel more at ease and aesthetically pleased!
At this point, you might be thinking, that all sounds great, but also like a lot of work…and I want to relax! Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. One of the great benefits of hiring a design-build firm for your outdoor renovation is that we handle it all.
Our team of proven professionals is the easy-button solution to creating your new landscape and a yard you’ll love. We design it, build it, and install it – from foliage to masonry to sprinkler systems! Learn more about the advantages of hiring a design-build landscape firm here.
Are you a new or soon-to-be homeowner in the Georgetown area? Here are a few links you might find useful.