ESP TM2 RAIN BIRD CONTROLLER - Support Videos
ESP ME RAIN BIRD CONTROLLER - Support Videos
Winterizing Your Sprinkler System
If your Backflow device is a Double Check, it will be underground in a green box located near your water meter - there is nothing you need to do to prevent it from freezing. Turn your Controller to the OFF setting so the system doesn't run.
If your Backflow is an RPZ device (brass u-shape), it will be above ground near your water meter or next to the house and may be covered with an insulated bag and it will need to be properly drained.
Instructions to drain RPZ:
1. Shut off ball valve to irrigation
2. Remove caps on backflow.(yellow or blue)
3. Open test valves. (where you removed caps from)
4. Open both 1/2” shut offs on the backflow pipes.
5. Leave brass handles as they are. Only open and close pvc
Water will release when test valves opened
6. Turn Controller to OFF setting so system doesn't run
For questions, call 512-260-1430